Sunday, January 9, 2011

Has it been 7 months already?

It's hard to believe that it's already been seven months since this sweet baby girl joined our family. I don't know if it's because life is busier these days, or just because I am getting older, but time seems to go faster and faster with each child. I remember with Aidan, a year, felt like a year--now, I look at all of my children, especially the baby, and wonder "where has the time gone?" It is bittersweet. I am so happy for her growth and accomplishments, and yet at the same time I don't want her to get any bigger.


This is a pretty typical Olivia face--the "come on, stop torturing me just because you think I look cute in this car" look. At 7 months she weighs 18 lbs (yup, just four pounds less than her two year old brother,) is sitting up by herself, crawling--both with the army man style and on her hands and knees, she is eating solid foods, and starting to drink from a sippy cup. She can take baths in the big tub now, and loves to run her hands under the faucet as the water comes out. She is in love, and I mean in love with her daddy. She can't get enough of him, and if he's home she has to be near him or held by him. She loves Aidan the best, I think, of her siblings. He is the kindest and sweetest to her. He plays with her and aside from Matthew and I, he's the only one that can make her laugh. Her favorite things to play with right now are her Baby Einstein activity center, her rattles, and anything she can put in her mouth and chew on. She still doesn't have any teeth, the only one of my kids to not have teeth at this age. Although, I suspect some any day now. She started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks and decided about a month ago to abandon that tradition. Now, she gets up once a night at midnight for a "topping off" bottle. So kind of her! She is beautiful--a pudgey- perfectly-round-headed-brown-eyed-double chinned-beauty and we are so grateful she is ours!

2 comments:

Mayhem no longer said...

She is a beautiful girl!

Kelly Ann said...

She sure is one cute little girl!