Monday, December 6, 2010

It's official...

I haven't felt well for a long time now--long before I was even pregnant with Olivia. At the time I chocked it up to having three kids and lots to do, and then associated all my symptoms with my pregnancy. But, over the last few months, I have had a serious of illnesses that go away only to come back or get worse. My mom told me to go to the doctor and get some tests done. I did. It turns out I have both Lupus and Crones disease. I've had a long list of tests done, including of all things, a syphilis test! It happens to test for certain antibodies that are associated with Lupus, but it was embarrassing, nonetheless :) There is no cure for either of these diseases, but there are lots of treatments and protocols. Mostly preventive care to help boost my immune system. I thought I would be more upset when I got my results back, but really, I am relieved. For so long I thought there was something wrong with me, with my emotional and/or spiritual make up that I couldn't just suck it up and get on with things. I looked at everyone else and wondered why I couldn't find the energy to do this, or that. It's nice to finally have some answers and some solutions. I will have good stretches of health, and some not so good, but knowing why makes things a lot easier!

3 comments:

Mayhem no longer said...

Justification is always nice. I whole-heartedly agree. When you know why, it's easier to handle things. Let me know when you need something. That's what family is for!

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

I'm glad you know now. Hopefully you will be able to work with your illnesses. I miss you and hope you are doing well!!!

Vicki

mylittlegems said...

Oh I am so sorry. I know it is nice to have answers though :)
I hope you find ways to feel better soon! :)