Sunday, January 13, 2008

A lot can happen in a week

I had hoped to update this blog a few times by now, but here I am a week later just getting to it. Such is the life of a mom with two small kids. I seem to only have time on Sunday mornings when Matthew takes care of the kids for me so I can get a break, work on my blog, and catch up on my email. Church for us is now at 2:00 pm so I have more time in the mornings than I used to. Well, it's been a busy week for the Carpenters. On Tuesday Aidan was playing in his closet, in his laundry hamper of all places, and when he tried to get out, BOOM--he smacked his head right on the corner of his closet. The result was a screaming two year old, and a gigantic bulging bruise on his forehead. Matthew, who is the eldest of six children, didn't think anything of it, having seen worse with his siblings. I, on the other hand, freaked out and called our pediatrician, who said just to be safe we should take him to the ER. Matthew rolled his eyes, but said nothing and we took Aidan to the pediatric ER at Tucson Medical Center. We had a long wait (surprise, surprise) and then were told, as Matthew told me we would be, that he just had a bad bruise and would be fine. The picture doesn't do the bruise justice, but here is what my little guy looked like:
But if that wasn't bad enough, as soon as we got home, he fell again, and hit his eye on his bed frame--he was playing with daddy and was running and tripped on something, most likely his feet, and WHAM, right into the corner of the metal bed frame. I felt awful. AND THEN, to add to his collection, I was unloading groceries from the trunk, and didn't know he was right next to me, and closed the trunk door on his hand. My poor, poor baby. It was a rough day for Aidan.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful until yesterday where we marathon painted, finishing up our hallway and Sadie's dog house.


No comments: