Sunday, March 6, 2011

My little guy


I love this kid! Of all of my children, he is the most attached to me--and because of that, I feel a special bond with him. From the moment he was born, he was mine. Maybe it was the weeks of bed rest before he was born getting to "know" him, or the slightly traumatic, very spiritual natural child birth, or the months and months of physical therapy and worry over his torticollis and plagiocephaly. I am not sure why, but he's always wanted me, rather than daddy. Something I am not used to since all the rest of my children, Olivia included, prefer Matthew. But not Parker. He wants me for everything--and as daunting as that is at times, it is really nice to be the preferred parent. Don't get me wrong, my kids like me, and I certainly love them, but there is just something about Matthew that has them all smitten--I mean I get it, I am smitten, too. But there is also something to be said for Mama's boys--and that is certainly what my Parker is!

1 comment:

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

Parker is such a sweet guy. I love mama's boys too :)