Sunday, February 14, 2010

Recipe

In light of my recent declaration to cook more, I am posting a recipe that is not only delicious, but it's easy and inexpensive, too.

Fettuccine Alfredo:

1/4 cup of butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed (or you can use garlic powder.) You can also buy crushed garlic in jars for under $2 at the store. It's usually found in the produce section of the grocery store.
1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese ( you can also buy this pre-shredded already measured out in 1 1/2 cup bags. It's much cheaper than buying fresh and it tastes just as good. I've done it both ways.
1/4 cup freshly grated parsley

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly heating through until a thick sauce forms. Thin to desired consistency with more heavy cream or milk if desired. Stir in parsley and serve with fettuccine or your favorite pasta.


We've had this a few times now, and it's become a family favorite. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I just serve it with some type of bread. But I serve it with salad, too. Also if you want, you can add broccoli and/or chicken to the actual pasta and sauce.


Please ignore the half eaten bread stick

Emma liked it...


...and Aidan too!

3 comments:

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

Thanks for the recipe share!! That looks so good. We need to go to the zoo soon, after we move in.

Vicki

TrishAnderson said...

Sounds yummy. That is like the third recipe I have gotten over the last week that calls for heavy whipping cream - I think I need to go invest in some of that so I can make these wonderfully yummy sounding recipes!!!

Mayhem no longer said...

It was yummy! Thanks for sharing!